The Australian Competition & Consumer Commission (ACCC) promotes competition and fair trade in markets to benefit consumers, businesses, and the community. ACCC’s primary responsibility is to ensure that individuals and businesses comply with the Australian completion, fair trading, and consumer protections laws, in particular the Competition and Consumer Act 2010.
The Australian Consumer Law offers consumer protections in the areas of:
- unfair contract terms, covering standard form consumer contracts
- consumer rights when buying goods and services
- product safety
- unsolicited consumer agreements covering door-to-door sales and telephone sales
- lay-by agreements
UEC will ensure that it is committed to ensuring that it remains complaint with the relevant legislation and regulations that protect the rights of consumers as well as fair trade, completion and accurate information in the marketplace.
For more information, visit Australian Consumer Law website.
If you have a question or complaint about your rights as a consumer, you may:
- want information about your consumer rights
- have a problem with a consumer good or service that you have bought or are considering buying
- want to know how a business should behave under the law
- like to make a complaint about a business
You can contact consumer protection in NSW Fair Trading’s office at:
NSW Fair Trading
Address: 60 Station Street, Parramatta NSW 2150
Postal: PO Box 972, Parramatta NSW 2124
Phone: 13 32 20
If you need any assitance, please ask our Student Services Advisor at Reception.