Applications for refunds must be in writing addressed to General Manager & Academic Director, Universal English College or email email@example.com. Any refunds payable under this policy (with the exception of those payable under ‘PROVIDER DEFAULT’) will be made within 4 weeks of receiving the written refund application. A course is defined as the total period of study for which the student has enrolled in. Students receiving a Registration fee waiver or discount will have the full amount deducted from the final amount payable.
|More than 28 days before course commencement||100% of tuition fees, textbook/materials fee and OSHC* will be refunded|
|Less than 28 days before course commencement||50% of tuition fees. 100% of textbook/materials fee and OSHC* will be refunded|
|Cancellation on or after course commencement||No refund of tuition fees or textbook/materials fee|
*Students would need to contact their OSHC provider in regards to OSHC refunds.
- Course commencement refers to the initial single course or a combination/package of courses, revised offer letters included.
- Registration fee is non-refundable in all cases.
- Cancellations are not effective until notified in writing.
- Course fees are not transferable to another person.
- A student unable to commence their course because of visa refusal, and provided the visa application was made before the course commencement date, the College will refund all prepaid course fees, minus 5% of the fees or $500, whichever is less. The refund will be made within 28 days of the College receiving a copy of the official visa rejection letter.
- A student who requests a transfer from a more expensive course to a less expensive course after the original course commencement date will not be eligible for a refund of the difference in the course fees, other than as required by the ESOS Act or the National Code.
- Students who take the UEC Academic English pre-course test to assess their English level will be required to take a placement test on arrival and those who the College determines has a lower level of English than their pre-course test result will be placed in a lower level course. No refund applies in this situation. Students who enter a higher level course will be eligible for a refund of tuition fee only, less a $250 administrative charge.
- In all cases of suspension and/or expulsion of students due to non-compliance with the Student Code of Conduct, no refund of monies paid to the College will be made unless required by law.
- A student enrolment cancelled due to unsatisfactory attendance or academic progress and will not be entitled to a refund of fees.
- Student holiday breaks are included as part of the study period for the purpose of refunds, with the exception of a pre-arranged study break between and within courses.
- Refunds for enrolments made through an authorized agent of the College may be paid to the agent.
If the College does not offer an advertised course in which a student has enrolled in, or withdraw the delivery of the course prior to its completion, the College will offer to place the student in an alternative course at no extra cost to the student. The student must advise us in writing to accept the offer or choose to be refunded the unused portion of prepaid fees. The refund will be paid within 2 weeks from the date the College ceases to provide the course.
Global Experience is our preferred Homestay and Airport Transfer provider. Please visit their website for their refund policy on homestay accommodation and airport transfers: https://www.globalexperience.com.au/snippet-studentbooking/
Where a student breaches the Student Code of Conduct at the College which results in expulsion, or student behaviour in homestay is deemed as unsatisfactory, homestay accommodation may be cancelled. No refund of paid homestay fees is refundable in this case. Unacceptable behaviour might include, but is not limited to the following: violence, use or distribution of illegal drugs, anti-social behaviour, sexual abuse or harassment, or criminal activity.
Third Party Residential Accommodation
The notice period for cancellation is determined by the accommodation commencement date and includes students cancelling due to visa rejection.
|29 days or more||Full refund of accommodation fees|
|21-28 days||2 week cancellation fee|
|14-20 days||3 week cancellation fee|
|Less than 14 days||4 week cancellation fee|
|Accommodation Placement fee||No refund in all situations|
Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
For a student who has not yet arrived in Australia, the College will refund OSHC. All other cases the OSHC provider will arrange the refund subject to the student completing an application for refund.